Valentine’s Day spent in the most romantic city in the world, or anywhere for that matter, can indeed be an experience in romance. I happen to be living what is classically considered a love affair, in Paris no less, but there is so much more to the term romance.
1. Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; A love affair.
2. A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful.
3. A long fictitious tale of heroes and extraordinary or mysterious events, usually set in a distant time or place.
4. An artistic work, such as a novel, story, or film, that deals with sexual love, especially in an idealized form.
5. Music. A lyrical, tender, usually sentimental song or short instrumental piece.
6. The Romance languages. (French bien sûr!)
7. Whatever you choose it to be.
On this day, really no different than any other yet historically designated for the romantic souls, I will stop and taste, look and see, appreciate and feel. Within the enchanting setting of Paris.
Happy Valentine’s Day! May you experience romance, in any definition you choose.